1. Show your designers your style – there are hundreds of designers available, but without knowing what your style is, it may become too difficult even for the most professional designers to create the best ads for you. If you have a business that has a strong visual identity, you must supply your designers with the existing material that you have. However, if you are a beginner and have just started your business, you can show your designers the looks that you have found appealing on the internet. To find out what your flavor is, you can search for images on Google. Once you have found some good examples, you can give the URLs of those images to your designer so they can understand better as to what your requirements are.
2. It is important to stick to your brand – consistency is the key here and it is important that your commercials and ads reflect your brand. Remember, you only have few moments to create an impression and to gain recognition so you must make sure that you are building on the existing feel and look of your business and brand.
3. Colors – the colors you choose are also equally important. Be consistent and make sure to take advantage of all the opportunities to strengthen your brand.
4. Simplicity – remember, you have limited ad space and you must be able to edit your copy so it consists of the essentials only. Do not list all the services that you provide. You can simply list the essential categories, especially the ones that attract people.
5. Select quality images – you may be tempted to fit in a lot of small images of your store in the ad or to show your whole product line, but you must understand that using many images does not express professionalism. You may select a few best products and get a professional photographer to take some quality images for your ads.
These tips can help you create an excellent ad and attract more customers to your business.